Because your health is our number one priority, we have x-ray. X-rays are taken for different reasons. Some of the guidelines are as follows:
- If the patient has sustained a significant traumatic injury, as a bone may be broken or a joint may be dislocated
- If an infection may be causing the patient's pain
- If any significant disease is suspected, like cancer
- If any type of joint disease is suspected, such as arthritis.
- If the patient is over age 50 and has experienced any type of trauma.
- For most patients over 65 years of age.
- Anyone who has been diagnosed with or who may be at risk for osteoporosis. This is important to rule out a possible fracture.
- Any suspected spinal instability
- If the patient has had long-standing pain that has not responded to or resolved with previous health care treatment
Once these are ruled out, X-Rays are taken to better determine Alignment. This helps identify where to adjust, exercises, traction, and home care where indicated. An x-ray together with a complete physical examination gives the doctor valuable information to form a personalized care plan.